The IOTzilla Suite is a set of products, built upon hands-on experience of
several interoperability test "cycles" in different bodies.
It is commercialized as an Advanced-ASP and covers the whole cycle-flow, from
Planning to proof of interoperability.
The IOTzilla Suite is comprised of the following services:
- Planning of the conformance or interoperability tests procedures, including
- Tracking of the whole testing process on a secured web-based environment.
- Groupware tools: To-Do list tracking, Polls, Contacts management, Calendar
- Conference Call Management: Agenda, minutes tracking, action-items
tracking, real-time voting mechanism
- Collateral activities (e.g.: maintaining private/public FTP sites, web
sites, mailing lists, knowledge-base, etc.).
The direct benefits of the IOTzilla include:
- Tracking and control of the true state of compatibility among any
number of vendors with heterogeneous profiles
- Significant improvement of the testing process quality and vendor drive
towards full interoperability
- Tracking and performing tens of thousands of discrete tests
- Acceleration and control of the testing process
- Improves the communication between the technical representatives of the
- Reduces vendors' R&D costs related to administrative tasks of the
interoperability testing process
The indirect benefits achieved include:
- Industry recognition as reference for testing process performance,
- Attraction of potential vendors to actively join the activity groups and
Case Study - IMTC PSS-AG
The IMTC-PSS is an activity group
performing interoperability tests for Packet-Switched Streaming according to
3GPP Technical Specifications 26.233 and 26.234, for delivering/streaming
multimedia content over wireless networks.
This group started using IOTzilla at the second testing cycle.
During this cycle, IOTzilla helped achieve the following amazing results:
Tests points performed: 10,783
Interop Success Rate: 96%
Yanda Ma, an Interoperability Expert from Hutchison-Mediator
(a Hutchison 3G company), stated:
"To engage in systematic interop testing with 14 vendors would have been a
nightmare without the tracking features of IOTzilla, furthermore it
allowed us to get status reports at a glance, keep histories of all issues
and test points and simplified the reporting process.
IOTzilla was critical in allowing us to manage the existing testing
and to scale and grow the interoperability group."